Thursday, May 01, 2008

bring me sunshine in a cup
bring me laughter in your hands
bring me hunger then fill me up
bring me lustful grains of sands
bring me teardrops you have shed
bring me fireflies trapped in glass
bring me reasons to stay in bed
bring me ransom from my past



This poem is in response to a by a prompt at
Poefusion.

with special thanks to Paisley who did the prompt first and reading her poem inspired me to write my own.

The first line comes from an Emily Dickerson poem of the same name.

9 comments:

Lyrically speaking said...

Wow, I like it, wish it was a little longer :)

paisley said...

wow.. i think you did an awesome job of it.. i really likes that line... so many possibilities... thanks so much for the mention!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful... bring me ransom from my past...

Scot said...

yes the last line nails it

Anonymous said...

quite good. you handle meter and music nicely. well spun and done.

Anna said...

Hi Sarah. I have linked to this blog at Online Poetry Blogs and I hope you will consider linking back to Poem Poem Poem from your blog. Thanks!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I like the emotion in here. Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. Given my mood, it almost instigated a tear out of me;

Jade said...

a cool mantra.