Saturday, January 19, 2008

Beloved

Wipe the snow off your grave,
trace
my finger over your name.

I do this in remembrance...
I do this in remembrance...
I do this in remembrance...


Press the roses that you gave,
stroke
the memories like a flame.

I do this in remembrance...
I do this in remembrance...
I do this in remembrance...


You're every glint that’s in my mirror,
You're every shadow on my wall.

In every breeze
I'm sure I hear you.

I’m dancing with the ghost that you are.


I do this in remembrance...
I do this in remembrance...
I do this....





NOTE- This was written for Poets Who Blog Interactive’s Pick and Pull Prompt.

12 comments:

STP said...

Very touching piece. Such tender sadness.

Kilroy_60 said...

I admire poets...it seems to be beyond me. This is truly a touching piece.

I've added another item to the list of things I must do more often, check technorati {if that's how you spell it...you get the idea, eh}

Didn't realize I was linked here. I've added you...and posted an extra link here.

Anonymous said...

touching indeed. with a subtle sexiness...perhaps i am wrongs.

Anna said...

Very universal.

susan said...

I like the refrain reads almost like wedding vows.

Anonymous said...

Hauntingly sad and elements of a funeral dirge - especially with the repeated lines. I especially like the first 3 lines; I immediately thought of the Veterans Memorial Wall and loved ones who actually do trace their fingers over their loved one's names. Very touching, Sara..

Poetmeister...on the road to Parnassus

qualcosa di bello said...

hauntingly beautiful...i thought of so many things as i read it~~ it made me think of how i converse with my momma, gone 6 years. but she is still there.

Anonymous said...

I love this poem, so fluid and melancholy. The repeating lines create an atmosphere of ritual. The memory stays, and the actions retpeat, as does the heartache.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem.

poefusion said...

Beautiful. I love the way this makes me feel her loneliness, her longing for one more moment with her loved one. A poignant tribute to the death of a loved one and the survival of the one left behind. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice night. Happy Writing~

Anonymous said...

Such a melancholy tenor and such a great rhythmic pull. Sparse verses that suggest more.

Great craftsmanship, as ever.

UL said...

you write so beautifully Sarah, I was just catching up...keep it coming.